I went to Safeway about a month ago and bought a 15lb bag of potatoes for $5. That is a lot of potatoes. I have made gnocchi, baked potatoes, morning potatoes, seasoned potatoes… and I am still not fully done with the bag. Here is a quick, easy, and delicious way to prep Russet potatoes for a side dish or even a snack if you are potato obsessed like me.
3 medium size Russet potatoes
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 tablespoon cayenne
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Cut your potatoes in half then into thirds, cutting from tip to tip, to achieve cubes.
- Use enough olive oil to lightly cover entire baking pan.
- Mix potatoes and seasoning ingredients. Either sprinkle on top of potatoes in baking pan and mix or put potatoes and seasoning together in a bowl to mix before adding to baking pan. Be sure to add rest of olive oil on top of potatoes.
- Once oven has been heated, put the baking pan of seasoned potatoes into oven for 45 minutes or until brown.
- When cooked through, let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is definitely tailored to different tastes because of the spice factor. Please feel free to experiment with amount of seasoning based on your taste. I also do not currently have any flat baking pans but as you can see, any pan made for baking will do. These seasoned potatoes are great by themselves or with a condiment of your choice. Enjoy!